Trevallyn House, overlooking the Tamar River and only 5 minutes drive from Launceston’s City Centre makes a wonderful base for exploring the many attractions in Launceston and the Northern Region of Tasmania.
• Cataract Gorge – Launceston’s most striking feature is the Cataract Gorge, a piece of wilderness just a few minutes walk from the City Centre. The 12 ha park containing the boulder filled Gorge boasts more than 70 species of fauna native to the area. A Chair Lift joins cliff gardens with flowering rhododendrons and strolling peacocks. Visit this spectacular body of water surrounded by luscious green trees, fern glades and spacious lawns.
• Tamar River & Tamar Valley – North of the city is the Tamar Valley Wine Route, which follows both banks of the Tamar River. Discover cool-grape varieties such as Riesling, Chardonnay and Pinot Noir growing in the Vineyards and winning wide acclaim.
• Seahorse Farm – There are other intriguing discoveries in the Tamar Region. Towards the head of the Tamar is the world’s only seahorse farm where you can observe these remarkable sea creatures.
• Grubb Shaft Gold and Heritage Museum – Not far away is Beaconsfield is the Museum, a showcase of mining history.
• Woolmers – Is near Longford and you will discover a time capsule of farming history showing how country life was in the 19th century in Tasmania.
• The National Rose Garden at Woolmers – This is a showpiece of Tasmanian horticultural excellence.
• Queen Victoria Museum & Art Gallery – A display of some of the best collections of colonial art.
• J. Boag & Son – Australia’s Premium Brewer – Brewery Tour provides a rich and ambient environment for visitors to relax and learn something about the history of our proud brewery, includes a museum of the brewery’s memorabilia giving an insight into the Boag’s family and the development of the Boags brands throughout the last century. Visitors can taste Boag’s beer and buy merchandise.
• Ghost Tours of Launceston City Centre – Allow yourself to be guided through the back lanes of Launceston and listen to the stories of murder and intrigue.
• Tamar Island Nature Reserve – Take a walk out to the island and see all the different fauna and flora in its natural state. A wonderful way to see the Tamar River at its best.
• Tamar River Cruises – Cruise the world renowned Cataract Gorge and the Tamar River on the M.V. Tamar Odyssey. Take in the spectacular scenery.
• Riverside Golf Club – Just minutes away, why not enjoy a game of golf on an 18 Hole Championship Golf Course.
• Lost Farm & Barnbougle Dunes Golf Links – Two of the worlds great traditional links courses. Just an hours drive at Bridport.
• National Automobile Museum of Tasmania – Come and experience the history, elegance and style of one of Australia’s most significant motoring collections.
• Hollybank Treetops Adventure – Visitors glide across the treetops in this fantastic forest experience.
If there are any questions we can answer for you please don’t hesitate to come and ask us as we are only too happy to help you have a memorable stay.